Ottawa Human Rights and Labour Law Conference
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (All day) to Thursday, November 9, 2017 (All day)
Name of Organization:
The Shaw Centre, Ottawa
Day One - Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Major Caselaw and Legislative Update: Undue hardship, genetic discrimination, family status accommodation, and more
- Prying Eyes: Privacy breaches at the workplace – and what to do about them
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety and Depression: Making inquiries, crafting workable solutions, overcoming stigma
- Managing Attendance at Work: Setting standards, accommodating employees, curbing abuse
Day Two - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Fitness for Work: Ensuring a safe work environment in an era of marijuana, opioids, and other drugs
- Remedial Trends in Human Rights and Labour Law Cases: Damages, compensation in lieu of reinstatement, and more
- Sexual Harassment in the RCMP: Is change possible?
- Combating Sexual Harassment: Engaging bystanders, training investigators, supporting survivors, and more
- Arbitrators Weigh In: What really tips the balance in discipline cases?