8th Biennial Construction Labour Relations
8th Biennial Construction Labour Relations Forum
If contractors and unions in the construction industry need to attend one event to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their industry, this is it!
Our previous seven Construction Labour Relations conference have been highly successful, providing the construction industry with “need-to-know” information on labour legislation, current labour relations issues and effective solutions for resolving disputes.
Insight Information has assembled a stellar faculty of management and union legal and industry experts to address subjects carefully chosen to stimulate discussion and update your awareness of the various issues affecting construction labour relations.
They will highlight practical lessons that can be learned from concerns that have arisen recently. You will gain valuable insights, practical tips and excellent reference papers for the future.
We examine all of the latest issues – from what will happen in the workplace with the legalization of marijuana, the use of project agreements to discipline, discharge and layoff, including at the insistence of a Third Party.
- Facing the Newest Challenges of Marijuana in the Workplace
- The New Era of Workplace Drug & Alcohol Testing
- How New Developments at the College of Trades will affect both management and unions
- The Newest Developments in Discipline and Discharge in the Workplace
- Understanding the impact of Bill 148: Ontario’s Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act of 2017
- The Critical Difference Between “Construction” vs. “Maintenance” – and why it matters
- Why the constitutional challenge brought by Govan Brown is significant