Atlantic Spring Symposium: Keynote by the Hon. Thomas Cromwell
The Advocates’ Society invites you to attend our Spring Symposium, the premier continuing professional development and networking event for civil litigators. Coming to Halifax for the first time, this popular and practical program features the latest developments, strategies and tips for success in your everyday practice. If you are a civil litigator this is one program you cannot afford to miss.
The Honourable Thomas Cromwell, retired Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada, will deliver the symposium's keynote address. Numerous local lawyers and seven other judges will be participating in panel sessions:
- the Hon. Chief Justice Michael MacDonald, Chief Justice of Nova Scotia;
- from the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal, the Hon. Justice Jamie W.S. Saunders
- from the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, the Hon. Associate Chief Justice Deborah K. Smith, the Hon. Justice Gregory M. Warner, and the Hon. Justice Michael J. Wood;
- from the Nova Scotia Provincial and Family Court, the Hon. Judge Anne S. Derrick; and
- from the Court of Appeal of New Brunswick, the Hon. Justice J.C. Marc Richard.
See the updated flyer with complete program information.
The agenda's panels include the following:
- Lightning Round: Limitation Periods
- Lessons Learned: Good Faith in Contractual Performance in Commercial Cases
- Debate: Arbitrate of Litigate?
- Judges' Panel: Effective Appellate Advocacy
- Recent Developments in the Law of Privilege
- Recent Developments in Expert Evidence
- Big Cases in Atlantic Canada
- View from the Bench: Recovering from a "Knock-down"
Note: Registrants can count their attendance at this program toward their annual CPD requirement.