CBA-NS: Keeping The Golden Years Golden...And What To Do If They Tarnish - Nov. 15
The Canadian Bar Association Presents an Elder Law Conference
"Keeping The Golden Years Golden...And What To Do If They Tarnish"
Friday, November 15, 2013 | 9am - 4:30pm
World Trade & Convention Centre, 1800 Argyle Street, Halifax, NS
Topics will include:
- For the Expected, Unexpected, and Everything in Between – A Boot Camp Overview
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility – Powers of Attorney
- The ABCs of Personal Directives
- Busted by the Border? How to avoid cross-border tax issues
- Should You Be Trusted? Using trusts in estate planning
- Adding Insult To Injury: the need for guardianship orders when no powers of attorney are in place
- Navigating Adult Protection: lessons from the pros
- Capacity: A Geriatrician’s View
- Whose Wishes Are They Anyway? A review of undue influence
- So What Now? The NS Department of Seniors can help
Full attendance at this Conference (5.75 CPD) can be applied toward your mandatory Continuing Professional Development Requirement.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS INFORMATIVE CONFERENCE FEATURING MANY TALENTED SPEAKERS!
- Sharon Avery, RBC Wealth Management Services;
- L. Martina Munden, Patterson Law;
- Natalie Woodbury, Ernst & Young LLP;
- Richard Niedermayer, Stewart McKelvey;
- Jeanne Desveaux, The Law Practice of Jeanne Desveaux;
- Dr. Daniel Carver, QEII Health Sciences Centre;
- Catherine Watson, McInnes Cooper;
- Jocelyn Yerxa, Nova Scotia Department of Seniors; and
- John Underhill, Department of Justice.