- The Distinguished Service Award Committee makes a recommendation to Council for a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award.
To follow these approved criteria in making the recommendation:
- Integrity: The recipient is of unimpeachably good character, with a reputation for the highest professional integrity.
- Professional Achievement: The recipient is amongst the leaders in the practice of law or the academic realm.
- Service to the Profession: The recipient has made long-term, exceptional volunteer contributions to the legal profession and the Society.
- Community Service: The recipient is an outstanding contributor to the community, through volunteer service and a commitment to making the world a better place.
- Reform: The recipient has made an outstanding contribution to the betterment of the law or the improvement of the justice system.
- Overall: The recipient exemplifies the highest ideals of the legal profession and is a person to whom all members can look for inspiration.
The Committee will bring forward a single nomination.