- This Joint Committee provides a means for ongoing liaison and communication between the Department of Justice and the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society about matters of mutual concern and interest.
- There are three main tasks for the Committee:
- to identify issues of mutual concern and interest;
- to recommend means for addressing these issues;
- to communicate the results of this process to the Department and to the Bar.
- Proposed changes in programs or services of the Department and technology used for these programs and services that will have a particular impact on the legal profession;
- Facilities, resources and technology available for the administration of justice;
- Legislation, regulations, policies and procedures which will have a particular impact on the legal profession or which have a broad public interest so that the Society believes it must take an active involvement in the legislative process.