- The Credentials Committee carries out the responsibilities assigned to it under Part I of the Act and Parts 3, 5 and 6 of the Regulations;
- The Credentials Committee supports Council in the governance of the Society by recommending to Council changes to policy relating to the credentials process.
- Refer to Part I of the Act and Parts 3, 5 and 6 of the Regulations;
- To consider and recommend to Council policy direction relating to aspects of the credentials process that impact the Society’s obligations to applicants, members, and other affected individuals, or that impact key outcomes of the credentials process;
- To consider and recommend to staff for its approval operational or administrative procedures for the carrying out of credentials functions;
- To make recommendations to Council for its approval respecting the Legal Profession Act, and Regulations governing the credentials process;
- Appoint a Credentials Review subcommittee.