NSBS Accounting Administrator
Employer: NOVA SCOTIA BARRISTERS’ SOCIETY (NSBS)
Position: Accounting Administrator
Position Type: 12 – 14 Month Term (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Job Location: Halifax, NS
The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (NSBS) regulates the legal profession in Nova Scotia in the public interest. We fulfil our public interest mandate by ensuring that lawyers are competent and ethical, and practise law in accordance with the standards set by the Society
- Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Administrator is responsible for the complete accounts payable and accounts receivable processing cycles including:
- Analyzing, posting, and preparing cheques for vendor invoices, employee expenses, and credit card purchases.
- Preparing, posting and distributing contribution and sales invoices and credit adjustments to member and other client accounts as well as posting and depositing payments received from these clients.
The Accounting Administrator operates with limited supervision for routine work and must be able to identify when direction is required. Other duties include: supporting the annual audit and the annual budgeting and forecasting cycles and, supporting database administration by ensuring the completeness and accuracy of membership information.
The Accounting Administrator assists the Controller with monthly reconciliations and processing of accounting entries. This position requires a very high level of attention to detail, technical competence, and discretion. In particular, this position requires:
- A diploma or degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3–5 years relevant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping and customer service practices
- Experience with computer-based accounting systems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining responsiveness
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with SAGE/Acc-Pac Accounting system
- Experience with a membership database system
Closing Date: This posting will remain open and applications accepted until the position is filled.
Submit your application (including resume and cover letter) via email to email@example.com.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications plus a full benefit package as well as an RSP program.
NSBS values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.