Be more than just another suit. Make your mark at Burchell MacDougall LLP.
As part of our small, established team you will have the opportunity to build a practice and be given immediate responsibility and client contact. Fast-track your career today - join our growing and dynamic firm.
Current Opening We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Lawyer in family law/general litigation practice in our Elmsdale office. This role is ideal for a lawyer with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
Required Skills We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with a provincial bar
- Eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to balance multiple priorities and deadlines while maintaining professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to client services and legal excellence
Compensation & Benefits Burchell MacDougall LLP is proud to put people first; we take pride in our work-life balance and a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and a fitness allowance.
More About Us Burchell MacDougall LLP is a full-service law firm with offices in Truro, Halifax, Wolfville, and Elmsdale. Established in 1944, we are one of the oldest and most established law firms in Nova Scotia, with 70+ lawyers and support staff providing service to clients throughout Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada.
To apply, please combine your cover letter and resume into one document and submit in confidence to L. Hyndman, Director of Finance & Administration at Burchell MacDougall LLP by email only at firstname.lastname@example.org.