Lawyer – Insurance Litigation Associate – Halifax
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service.
Our Halifax office is currently seeking an Associate to join our growing Insurance Litigation practice group.
The successful candidate will have experience:
• Providing a high-level of client service in all areas of the insurance industry, but primarily in the defence of property and casualty claims;
• Managing a variety of files with minimal supervision; and
• Advocating on behalf of clients – both in written and oral form - at all levels of court and using ADR;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in insurance litigation;
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and key jurisprudence covering all areas of insurance;
• A highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work well both autonomously and in a team environment; and
• A member of the Nova Scotia Bar (or the potential to become a member).
Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
• Flexible work arrangements;
• Professional Development & Business Development allowances;
• Employer paid parking & professional membership fees;
• Smartphone allowance;
• Health, dental, life and disability insurance;
• Employee assistance program; and
• Annual health and fitness allowance.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume by Friday, July 6, 2018 to:
Director of Professional Talent
Cox & Palmer
1959 Upper Water Street,
Halifax, NS B3J 3N2
Direct (902) 491-4453