NOVA SCOTIA LEGAL AID - LEGAL ASSISTANT - DARTMOUTH CRIMINAL OFFICE
Seeking an experienced Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in our Dartmouth Criminal Office.
Ideal Abilities and Skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondry paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgment in mattes of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dicatation with excellent typing and communciation skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capacity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL), plus benefits
Deadline for Applicaitons
Friday, February 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM
You can submit your resume with cover letter to:
Operations Adminstrative Assistant
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. We have an Employment Equity Policy and welcome applicaitons from historically disadvantaged groups, including: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your applicaiton form, cover letter, or resume.
While we appricate receiving all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in strict confidence.