Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow and Halifax and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 100 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
Following our recently announced merger with Walker Law, we are seeking an Associate Lawyer to work alongside Cathy Walker at the established Quinn Street office in Halifax.
- The successful candidate will work primarily on transactional real estate law, including but not limited to residential real estate, as well as Wills & Estates matters.
- The Associate will proactively manage a high quantity of files both independently and under Cathy’s mentorship.
- Our ideal Associate will come with an established practice and have an eagerness to continually grow and develop that practice.
- Must be a member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society.
- 1-5 years’ minimum post-call experience in the areas of Residential Property and Wills & Estates
- Must have a desire and proven ability to market and develop a practice
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and attract new clients
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic with a professional and positive interest in their work
Our Associates work in a challenging and rewarding work environment that is motivating and supportive of their long-term goals. Associates are provided with solid mentoring and support for their professional growth and success at our firm.
If you are interested and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.