Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS. Reporting to the Vice-President and General Counsel, the Paralegal will be responsible for a broad range of paralegal and administrative duties to support Irving Shipbuilding’s Legal Department.
- Provide effective general administrative support for the Legal Department and coordinate with internal departments as required.
- Contract administration – maintain contract database and follow-up on contract requirements within applicable deadlines as required.
- Manage and administer Serengeti, PPSA, and contract management databases.
- Assist with the development and implementation of practice innovation technologies and processes.
- Prepare responses to access to information requests.
- Organize and coordinate document preparation for litigation/dispute resolution.
- Open and manage files, including archiving.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced environment while adhering to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, proven administrative skills, and excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- At least five (5) years previous legal administrative experience.
- Post-secondary education, preference given to formal paralegal training.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is essential.
- Previous experience with legal software packages is preferred.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: email@example.com.
To apply for this career opportunity:
Please complete the online application form at https://careers.jdirving.com/jobs/paralegal-4778. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required. All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.