Legal Assistant, Family Law
The law firm of Dianne E. Paquet, Barrister & Solicitor, Truro, NS, is hiring for position of LEGAL ASSISTANT.
Seeking a legal assistant supporting one lawyer with a busy family law practice. This position requires a professional who can work independently and ensure all requests are handled accurately and in a timely manner. Minimum requirement of 5+ years’ experience in a legal environment, preferably with an emphasis in family law and collaborative family practice, together with proof of graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in the area of administrative assistant/secretary. Position requires a very motivated, organized and competent individual who can often work well with minimum direction.
Functions and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in file management, document control, and management of limitation diaries and counsel’s schedule
- Excellent skills with drafting documents and correspondence ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Excellent skills utilizing Microsoft office (Word and Excel) and legal accounting system software, preferably PC Law.
- Proficiency at managing multiple priorities and supporting preparation for family law financial disclosure, applications, and trials.
- Experience with process and forms for filing of court documents.
- Customer service/client management skills.
- Must be effective at contacting clients regarding billing, overdue accounts, and collections.
- Must be comfortable interacting with and meeting clients in person and on the phone.
- Excellent communication skill both written and verbal (dealing with client inquiries, requests and relaying of information).
- Exceptional organizational ability and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills to include prioritizing workload, filing and managing demands and changing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to display a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion in dealing with clients and other contacts.
- A positive attitude and positive work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and handle a fast paced environment with short deadlines.
- Ability to work overtime, when needed.
Remuneration: Our regular work week is 37 hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Friday close at 4:00 pm). Very occasionally there is a request to work overtime. This is a permanent full-time position. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Please respond in confidence with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.