Financial Systems Analyst, Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
Employer: Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Job Location: Halifax, NS
The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society regulates the legal profession in Nova Scotia in the public interest. Ensuring that lawyers are competent and ethical, and practise law in accordance with the standards set by the Society, is how we fulfill our public interest mandate.
Financial Systems Analyst
Reporting to the Controller, this permanent position is considered to be highly technical and is responsible for financial analysis, report writing, general accounting functions and administration of the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
The Financial Systems Analyst ensures that all Society revenue is accurately billed and collected in a timely manner in accordance with established policies and timelines. He/she is responsible for processing financial information in the membership database system and plays a major role in advancing the improved use of the system through report writing, training and liaising with staff and the profession.
As this position is responsible for the complete accounts payable and accounts receivable processing cycles, the Financial Systems Analyst analyzes, posts and prepares cheques for vendor invoices, employee expenses and credit card purchases. He/she also prepares, posts and distributes contribution and sales invoices and credit adjustments to member and other client accounts, which may include grantors and sponsors. In addition, he/she prepares, posts and deposits payments received from these clients.
This position requires a very high level of attention to detail, technical competence, discretion and the ability to work with limited supervision on highly technical projects as well as routine work and tasks while also being able to identify when direction is required.
The Financial Systems Analyst should possess the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Commerce (accounting focus preferred). Formal accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA), completion or in progress considered an asset.
- Three to five years of accounting and/or financial analysis experience, or a relevant combination of formal education and experience.
- Experience with a membership database, accounting system administration and report writing required. Experience with iMIS membership database system and SAGE/Acc-Pac Accounting system considered an asset.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) required with intermediate to advanced Excel experience an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting tight timelines and standards while demonstrating an excellent level of attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative and work with limited supervision utilizing a high level of problem-solving ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective coaching/training skills.
Closing date: We are looking to fill this position immediately. This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
Submit your application (including cover letter, resume and salary expectations) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.