Estate and Trust Consultant, Scotiabank
The Scotiatrust Estate & Trust Consultant works to deepen and strengthen the client's relationship with Scotia Wealth Management advisors and helps grow Scotia Wealth Management by providing clients with customized, needs driven solutions, leveraging the full suite of "Total Wealth" products and services.
- Deliver Scotiatrust's estate planning consultancy services to HNW Scotia Wealth Management clients;
- Recommend and promote appropriate Scotiatrust products and services, including, but not limited to: Corporate Executorship and Trustee Appointments, Estate Assist and other Agency services, and Philanthropic Advisory Services;
- Act as the primary point of contact and strengthen relationships with existing HNW Will clients;
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the local Scotiatrust team.
- Expert knowledge of estate planning and administration;
- Expert legal drafting and interpretation skills;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant estate, tax, trust, incapacity, business, family and charity law;
- Expert knowledge of all Scotiatrust products and services;
- Thorough knowledge of Scotia Wealth products and services and delivery channels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- University Graduate, LL.B. preferred with membership in Provincial Bar;
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Membership and/or Trust Industry accreditation and/or CFP designation preferred;
- Minimum 3 years Estate Planning experience