Associate Immigration Lawyer or Articled Clerk
Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, North Star Immigration Law Inc. is the largest immigration law firm in the Maritimes. We pride ourselves on our exceptional client service and practical and creative approach to Canadian immigration matters. The lawyers in our office work collaboratively in a happy and bright office space in a historic building in Halifax’s downtown core.
We are seeking an associate lawyer or articled clerk to join our team. The area of work will include:
- Canadian work permits and study permits,
- LMIA applications,
- IMWU and visa applications,
- changes/extensions of status,
- temporary resident permits,
- rehabilitation applications,
- Express Entry and NS Provincial Nominee Program applications,
- citizenship and PR Card renewals,
- and Canadian border issues.
If interested, we can also offer litigation work such as Federal Court matters and proceedings at all divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board.
Applicants interested in the associate lawyer position must be a member in good standing of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society (or be eligible for membership) and have 1-4 years’ experience in law practice. Some immigration law work or volunteer experience is essential.
Applicants interested in the articling clerk position must be eligible to article in Nova Scotia and have a demonstrated interest in immigration law (through course work, previous work experience, volunteer work and clinical law programs).
In addition to the above, all applicants must:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing sample is required);
- have impeccable attention to detail;
- be able to work in a collaborative setting as well as independently;
- be interested and inspired by this dynamic area of law and our unique practice setting.
Please forward your resume, a short cover letter and writing sample by March 24, 2017 to the attention of Cameron MacLean and Lara Green:
or drop off Monday-Friday between 9:00-5:00 at 1684 Barrington Street, 5th Floor
or by mail to
North Star Immigration Law Inc..
P.O. Box 272
Halifax, B3J 2N7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.