Nova Scotia Legal Aid - New Glasgow - Legal Assistant
NSLAC is seeking an experience Legal Assistant for a one-year contract position located in our New Glasgow office.
Ideal Abilities & Skills
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary paralegal/clerical certificate program or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a law office and have a good working knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to use judgement in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- The candidate should be proficient in transcription of dictation with excellent typing and communication skills, including attention to detail, accuracy and capcity to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high stress enviornment is an asset.
- Proficiency with personal computers including knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
NSLAC Clerical Pay Scale (CL14-1 to CL22-5), plus benefits
Deadline for Applications
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Internal Operations Director
1701 Hollis Street, Sutie 920
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
NSLA has an employment equity policy and encourages candidates from historically disadvantaged groups. While we appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All Applications held in confidence.